Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cyber Scams

Real People. Real Stories:

 "I had just been fired from my job when I saw an ad on a local classified website that said "help wanted" for a job "processing online ads". The ad indicated that there were only a few positions available. And in order to apply, you needed to send them $19.95 via PayPal so that they would send you a training manual to teach you how to process the ads. When I received the manual, I noticed that it was teaching me how to set up an ad (like the one I responded) to take people’s money.
I really don’t know what I was thinking when I responded to a job ad that asked for payment. But I’ve learned my lesson. I no longer respond to job ads from unknown sources – especially if they ask for payment beforehand."
— Anonymous




Online Source:

http://www.bytecrime.org/


Don't Be like Anonymous... Be aware of online scams and research who it is you are doing business with. If you need help there are many resources out there to help learn how to protect yourself online.  We can help at Right Path Investigations and at least point you to a resource that may help protect you in the future.

~ "The RightPI"

No comments:

Post a Comment